Jan 22, 2021
Ingevity donates £10,000 for education and human health initiatives
WARRINGTON, U.K., January 22, 2021 – Ingevity (NYSE: NGVT) recently donated a total of £10,000 to support the educational and human health initiatives at a school, residential home and three charities in Warrington. These donations align with the company’s philanthropic focus on education, human well-being and sustainability.
“We’re honored to be in a position to support the local community at such a crucial time,” said Paul Shelley, site manager, Ingevity. “The COVID-19 pandemic is placing financial strains on many residents in our community. We hope our contributions ease some of those burdens. Enhancing the communities in which we live and work is deeply rooted in our company’s history and culture.”
Each of the five organizations funded by Ingevity received a donation of £2,000. Monies donated by Ingevity will support the following:
- Callands Community Primary School – The donation will assist the school with a full restart as they have been particularly challenged by Covid-19.
- Woolston Hall – All residents in this senior living center were given 2021 wall calendars and diaries, puzzle books, pens and Christmas food items. 33 hampers were packed and delivered to each unit.
- Walton Lea Partnership – The donation will provide supported learning, development and work activities for adults and young people with learning disabilities.
- Rocco’s Hospice – The donation will help provide free care for people with life-limiting illnesses.
- Warrington Food Bank – The donation will provide food to people, from all walks of life, who experience food insecurities.
Ingevity employs over 90 employees in Warrington. Our IngeviCares philanthropic program allows us to give a portion of our revenue and our time to the communities in which we operate, as we pursue our IngeviWay vision of what we want to be: a positive influence in our communities.
Ingevity: Purify, Protect and Enhance
Ingevity provides specialty chemicals, high-performance carbon materials and engineered polymers that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Through a team of talented and experienced people, Ingevity develops, manufactures, and brings to market products and processes that help customers solve complex problems. These products are used in a variety of demanding applications, including asphalt paving, oil exploration and production, agrochemicals, adhesives, lubricants, publication inks, coatings, elastomers, bioplastics and automotive components that reduce gasoline vapor emissions. Headquartered in North Charleston, South Carolina, Ingevity operates from 25 locations around the world and employs approximately 1,750 people. The company is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: NGVT). For more information visit www.ingevity.com.