By using the website www.ingevity.com you agree that we can store and access cookies, IP addresses and use other methods in order to collect website usage data, and improve your online experience.
This can include information about your use of the website, the browser and device type you are accessing it from.
What exactly are cookies?
- A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer's hard drive, mobile phone or other device.
- You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through websites may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Cookies can be first party or third party cookies.
- First party cookies: cookies that the website you are visiting places on your computer.
- Third party cookies: cookies placed on your computer through the website but by third parties, such as, Google.
The cookies placed on our website
We use the following cookies on our website:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close the browser. These are first party cookies.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our website. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website when they are using it and the approximate regions that they are visiting from. These are first party cookies.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your User name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. These are first party cookies.
- Targeting or advertising cookies: These cookies allow us and our advertisers to deliver information more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that you have visited our website and may help us in compiling your profile. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
- Social Media cookies: These cookies allow you to connect with social media networks such as LinkedIn and YouTube. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
We may combine information from these types of cookies and technologies with information about you from any other source.
Cookie consent and opting out
We assume that you are happy for us to place cookies on your device. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, if you, or another User of your device, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser setting. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our websites, platforms and services. For more information on how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Cookies we use
This cookie is used to remember a user’s choice about cookies. Where users have previously indicated a preference, that user’s preference will be stored in this cookie.
Universal Analytics (Google)
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited.
Read Google's overview of privacy and safeguarding data
Application firewall cookie
This cookie is set by a third-party web application firewall from Dyn to help maintain the security and performance of our website. Some traffic may receive a challenge to check if it is genuine and if it is, a cookie is set so the user isn’t challenged again.
Security breach notification form cookie
This cookie is essential for the breach notification form – the form that public electronic communications service providers use to notify the ICO of a security breach – to operate. It is set only for those people using the form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
Visit the Microsoft website
We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your computer once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode.
Read more at YouTube’s embedding videos information page.
PREF - * Expires after eight months
VSC - * expires at the end of your session
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE - *expires after eight months
remote_sid - * expires at the end of your session