Mix Plant Optimization Tips
Nov 28, 2011
Payne & Dolan provided the content for this November Asphalt Contractor article on Optimizing Your Asphalt Plant. John Bartoszek, one of their regional managers, gives tips such as:
- Cover your RAP and RAS to reduce the amount of moisture in them as much as possible.
- Remix the recycled material piles.
- Create paved, sloped stock pile areas.
- Continuously check your burner as you produce mixes with recycled materials
- Maximize your burner flame
- Use RAP crushers
- Multiple RAP bins help with versatility, and RAS bins should have steeper slopes and wider throats to ensure the material flows and isn’t clumping during the feed production process.
- Reverse weigh bridges help you receive real-time feedback that you have the correct amount of materials
- Use counter-flow drums with extended mixing zones for increased amount of recycled products
What tips would you add to optimize an asphalt plant?
Author: Heather Dolan